Wednesday 16 November 2011

Article Research

In the lesson we were asked to do some research for the article that we are going to write. I used many different magazines to look at for inspiration for my own article.


 I used the first half of the coldplay article in the november 2011 issue of Q magazine as I thought the questions were good and would also fit the band I am interviewing and not just for Coldplay. Also if I didnt think the question suited the band Vertigo I changed it a bit to what I thought would be better for the band.

For example I used the question that was asked to Coldplay about the first gig they went to but changed the question from whats been your own most inspired song writing moment to So who are your musical influences? which sort of fits into the category of performing/writing. 
I used this article of Manic Street Preachers in NME to get an idea of the layout I want so that I know just how many pictures I will need to take to include in my article
I will be taking a picture of the band in portrait as the photo will need to fit the whole page and not become fuzzy when added to it.










Here is Vertigo`s facebook pages and the Information you can see from it.






There facebook page tells us how to book them for any gigs, their email address, there upcoming gigs and it can also be used to contact them.
http://www.facebook.com/people/Vertigo-Gigs/100000032427134


Here are the questions that I eventually came up with that I will be asking the band vertigo

1. How did it all begin?


2. Did you have a name for the band?

3. So how did you settle for the name vertigo?

4. So who are your musical influences?

5. First gig you went to?

6. How long have you been together as vertigo?

7. So what’s happening with you at present?

8. How often do you practice?

9. What’s more important performing or money

10. Best place to perform

11. What is the biggest audience you have ever played to?

12. Who is your favourite local band?

No comments:

Post a Comment