Sunday 20 November 2011

Front Cover Production

Before creating my music magazine front cover I was asked to draw a rough sketch of what I want it to look like so when I am producing it I know where I want everything to be.








In lesson I was told to create a front cover to an music magazine with the genre of my choice. All the photos used had to be taken by me and I had to create it on photoshop.

I first started by adding the main image and cropping it to the size of my liking so the only background that can be seen is the green door.





I followed the codes and conventions of music magazines when creating my magazine. For example I
created a masthead that is placed behind the artist so the reader will know just what magazine they are reading.
I then placed the name if the magazine behind the main image`s head so only a small portion was covered so you can still see what it says. I chose it to be white so it stood out and could still be seen with the image.




I also had the artists name stretched across the page so the reader will know who is the main feature of the magazine.
I then added the words of her name and a tiny part about the article itself in the same colour to fit the IMM but this time with a black shadow around it to make it slightly different and so it can still be read against the main image




Another codes and convention I followed was by having a bar code on the front cover. I also added the price onto the bar code so the readers will know how much the magazine will be.
Added a bar code to the bottom right hand corner and wrote information concerning the magazine E.g the price





Another codes and conventions of a music magazine I followed was by having graphic features behind words so they are readable and also so they stand out.

I then added writing with graphic features around them to make them stand out and also so the writing is readable against the image. 


I did the same with two other graphic features and writing except I change the colour to red to make them stand out even more.

To finish it I added another graphic feature at the top in black to make the writing in the middle stand out and created red lines in the middle of the words to split them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment