Tuesday 18 October 2011

Target Audience Research

In the lesson I was asked to produce a questionnaire and hand it out to 20 people that fit the age group of 15-25 as they will be the ones that will read my magazine. Once I had been given them back answered from them 20 people I was able to make some decisions on what will be in my magazine and other things such as  the design,content,price and frequency of publication.

The questions asked were:


1. How old are you?
___
I asked this question so I would get an idea of what age group liked what music things
     
2. What is your favourite Band
_____________________________________________
This question was asked so it could help me choose some bands that I could use in my music magazine and also so I could find out what music tastes people had.

3. Who is your favourite Artist
_____________________________________________
Again I asked this question so I could find out which artists people liked and maybe use them in my own magazine providing that they fit in the genre of my magazine.


4. How much are you willing to pay for a music magazine? (Tick the correct box)
Less than £1           £1-£2          £2-£3           £3-£4           More than £4
This question was asked so I could find out around about how much I should sell my magazine for.

5. How often to you buy music magazines? (Tick the correct box)
Weekly           Every fortnight              Monthly                Other__________
The results I will get from this is how often I should release my magazine. How often people now do it and use that for my own.

6. What colours do you associate with A Indie magazine?
______________________________________________________________
I asked this question because when I get the results back I will be able to look at what people have written and use the colours they think are associated with an Indie/Rock magazine and use them.

7. What would you like to see more of in a magazine e.g. more interviews
_____________________________________________________________
The results I get from this question will influence my decision on what to put more off in my own magazine.

8. What words do you associate with the magazines NME and Kerrang?
_____________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________
I have chosen to ask this question so I can get an idea of what people think of when the magazines NME and Kerrang are mentioned and use the results for my Indie/Rock magazine.

I have asked this question

9. What influences you to buy a music magazine?
____________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________
I have asked this question so I will have more of an idea on how I can try and sell my magazine even more.

10. What attracts you most to a front cover of a music magazine? (Tick the correct box)
Main Image            Colours            Brand Name          Tag Lines      
Other  __________________
This question when answered will give me an insight on what I can put on my front cover to attract more people to but it.





No comments:

Post a Comment