Wednesday 19 October 2011

Results and Conclusions

I was told in lesson to produce a questionnaire in which I would use the results to help create my own music magazine. I got them back with these results



1. How old are you?
___
For this question I got back ages from 15 to 25 , the only 2 numbers which was pretty high was 16 and 17 and this will allow me to focus my magazine more on the younger generation but still allowing the slightly more older people to want to read it as well.
       
2. What is your favourite Band
_____________________________________________



This pie chart has helped me with my music magazine as it has allowed me to get an idea on what bands to include in the magazine(providing they fit the genre which some do) It will also help me know who to include in my magazine. For example 4 people said their favourite band was The Killers and another 4 people said their favourite band was Coldplay. By knowing this I will include them on the front cover of my magazine as they have the most people say them.

3. Who is your favourite Artist
_____________________________________________
This pie chart has helped me with my music magazine as it has allowed me to get an idea on what artists to include in the magazine(providing they fit the genre which some do)  It will also help me know who to include in my magazine. For example Florence and the Machine was mentioned as someone's favourite so I will include them in my magazine as a article and it will be mentioned on the contents page as well.

4. How much are you willing to pay for a music magazine? (Tick the correct box)
Less than £1           £1-£2          £2-£3           £3-£4           More than £4

The results on this bar chart have helped me change my initial plan for the better as before having the results I had overpriced for what people want to pay. I now know that the price should be between £1-£2 as that was the one will the most votes.

5. How often to you buy music magazines? (Tick the correct box)
Weekly      Every fortnight              Monthly                Other__________

Because of these results I have now changed how often the magazine is published as it was monthly but now it will be weekly because that was the answer people voted for the most.


6. What colours do you associate with A Indie magazine?
______________________________________________________________
The colours listed were mainly subtle colours such as white,black,red and the main one being blue.This will help with the colour scheme as I will be using those colours in my magazine because if people had written them down they are more likely to pick up my magazine with those colours.

7. What would you like to see more of in a magazine e.g. more interviews
_____________________________________________________________
The majority of people said they would like to see more interviews, posters, more music reviews and information on upcoming gigs. So most of them will be included in my own magazine. For example I will be featuring lots of interviews in my magazine.

8. What words do you associate with the magazines NME and Kerrang?
_____________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________
Words listed such as bands, record companies, artists, guitars, modern, enjoyable, Indie , cheap and weekly.


9. What influences you to buy a music magazine?
____________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________
People answered with things such as front cover, the price and the cover lines. Front cover was voted the most so I will take extra care in making sure my front cover is presentable and likely to attract people to it.

10. What attracts you most to a front cover of a music magazine? (Tick the correct box)
Main Image            Colours            Brand Name          Tag Lines      
Other  __________________

Because of these results I will focus on having a really good main image and it being eye catching to the reader as just over 10 people said the main image attracted them to my music magazine.

The questionnaire has helped overall as I now know in which direction to take my magazine. For example the bands and artists to use in my magazine have been selected  and the price of it has been changed due to what people said.


Here are 2 voice recordings of the questionnaire being answered




Here is a video recording of the questionnaire being anwsered

Here are 2 pictures of the questionnaire being answered



No comments:

Post a Comment